Monday, September 1, 2008

Encouragement ...

I found this book today. It was about encouragement and how everyone needs it. How each day we each need a little encouragement. It really spoke to my heart. However, I put the book down and now I can't find it online. :( I guess I am just going to have to go back to the store and look for it again. As I was looking through the million books published by Max Lucado on encouragement, I found this about another one of his books and I thought I would share.

"The psalmist tells us that God is great. God is good. He is kind and merciful and powerful. This means that even in your weakness and difficulties, you're on heir to His greatness, goodness, kindness, mercy, and power. In fact, all of God's resources-- all of His attributes-- are available to you. In the pages of Encouragement for Your Heart, you will witness God's offering Himself to you as the unlimited resource who is available any time, under circumstances. He is your "very present" and stalwart help in times of trouble. And that's encouragement for the heart."

Right now I am going through a hard time. No matter how much I pray or talk it through with Matt, it still hurts. I am not fully up to sharing information right now. I might be able to go into more details later, but know that right now I am working through it. I know that God will shine HIS light on us ... that HIS peace will come through. I just have to wade through my feelings right now.

You know how there are times when you just want your mom? Today I had one of those moments. I had to break down (which I never do), cry my eyes out, and just let go. Thankfully God never allows us to go through things alone (even if you feel like you are). Matt has been my God sent. I love him with all my heart and soul. I am so glad that God blessed me with Matt! I could never make it through this heartache and pain without him!

More later ...

1 comment:

kjonz29 said...

Hey, kid! I don't know about this guy you're married to...in the photo he looks like an East German border guard, with a hat stolen from a Scots race car driver! (kidding!)

I like your blog. Don't let things get you down...all will work out for the good.