Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Time for Everything ...


A Time for Everything ... Ecclesiastes 3

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. HE has made everything beautiful in its time. HE has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.

This set of scripture was laid on my heart today. I pray that whatever you are going though right now you know that GOD is in control. HE is always there for you. You may be going through a tough time ... but that is only going to be for a moment and then God has something else in store for you. Carry God's truth in your heart, treasure it, breath it in and remember God is ALWAYS there for you. No matter what time you are going through HE is THERE!  Isn't it wonderful! To know that you have GOD on your side!

There is so much more I would love to say. Know that I am praying for each and everyone on of you. I love you! But here is the most amazing thing ... GOD LOVES you even more than one person could ever love you!

Background information:
Matt and I have struggled with conceiving a child for many years now. Through IVF God blessed us with our twin boys, Samuel and Joshua. Our hearts are filled love and joy over our boys and we are always being amazed with the things they do. They are now 15 months old. They are walking, chatting, saying a few words like "ca" for cat and "li" for light. Of course they say Momma and Dadda. The other night Joshua said "nini" for night night. They are growing up so fast and are adorable (if I may say so!).

Last month we thought we were pregnant (on our own - wow!). We were 2 weeks late, but in true fashion no pregnancy test we took would show up positive. I told Matt that if I did not have a period by Christmas then I would call my doctor and go in for blood work after the Christmas holiday. I was not stressed about it, I know that we have embryos waiting for us to use when we do IVF again. But I would have LOVED a Christmas "miracle". Sadly, on the Sunday before Christmas I started my period.

These past few weeks I found that I was really hoping I would have been pregnant. I love being pregnant! It is amazing to feel a baby move inside of you (even if it sometimes hurts!). Today, during church, I was struck with this scripture. I know that God is on our side. He knows our every thought, our every need and want. He knows that Matt and I want more children. So, that being said, I am laying it all down and waiting on God to lead the way. HE will show us the next step and when we need to take it. That gives me a peace. A peace so amazing that it makes my heart sing.

On that note ... my little miracles have awakened from their nap. :) LOVE those boys. Thank you GOD for ALL that you have given! I know in your time we will have more children. I pray that you guide us to do things in YOUR time.

No comments: